Salmon-Wrapped Poached Eggs

Salmon Wrapped Poached Eggs w/ Avocado

Sunday is special, especially if you have children active in sports, because that’s what Saturdays are all about. If you’re not on the sidelines cheering them on, you’re crossing off errands on the to-do list. Hopefully, Sunday brings at least a half day’s respite and a leisurely brunch fits somewhere in the picture.

Nearly every restaurants puts on a fabulous brunch these days, but we like kicking back at home, especially on cold gray winter days. It means I’m cooking, or sometimes hubs makes his favorite – blueberry pancakes – but that’s OK with me. A satisfying eggy dish is my preference, and nothing beats the is-winter-never-going-to-end blues better than silky smoked salmon wrapped around a sunny poached egg dressed with creamy avocado, buttery brioche, and a tangy sour cream-herb sauce.

Salmon Wrapped Poached Eggs-

Your Best Recipes Button

Tags: , , ,

21 Responses to “Salmon-Wrapped Poached Eggs”

January 18 at 9:45 am #

This is a beautiful, elegant dish…and I could truly eat breakfast/brunch any time of the day! I love that gorgeously runny yolk…

January 18 at 9:59 am #

You had me at poached eggs… holy moly Priscilla, this looks like the ultimate breakfast I would LOVE! All of my favorite contenders are all on one plate… brioche, avocado, poached eggs, smoked salmon… do you wander around my brain when you make dishes like this? If so, thanks :) You’re welcome into my brain any time, haha.

3. louise
    January 18 at 11:21 am #

nice, that’s looks egg dripy licious… yes that is a word, i just said it…

4. Kate @ Diethood.com
    January 18 at 2:36 pm #

My mouth is watering – I’d love to be served this for brunch, lunch, dinner :) It looks amazing!

5. fooddreamer
    January 18 at 4:55 pm #

Minus the bread, which I can’t handle as a diabetic, this lunch is MADE for me. Love poached eggs, love love love smoked salmon, and never thought of putting the two together. Brilliant!

6. Sandra
    January 18 at 8:26 pm #

Oh my goodness..those are amazing mouthwatering photos! And I love, love this recipe!

7. Quyen - Kitchen Runway
    January 18 at 10:19 pm #

That looks pretty amazing! Poached eggs and salmon – sounds like a winning combo to me!

January 19 at 2:29 am #

This looks so good! I love how you pile the whole thing up without feeling too crowded or messy….simply elegant!

9. blackbookkitchendiaries
    January 19 at 10:49 am #

i really wish i could come over for a lovely meal like this! it looks just amazing:)

10. Tanantha @ I Just Love My Apron
    January 19 at 1:35 pm #

Looks at that runny yolk! my favorite. I’m not a big fan of smoked salmon but you dish makes me have a second thought about smoked salmon!

11. anncoo
    January 19 at 3:58 pm #

OMG! All my favorite ingredients in this meal.. looks so perfect and delicious :)

January 19 at 7:53 pm #

Oh wow, how beautiful is this! I want that sauce by itself even :)

January 19 at 9:36 pm #

Now this would be such a beautiful dish to serve at my sister’s bridal shower…we are throwing a brunch, and I’m sure it would taste amazing. Thank you for sharing this delicious dish with me. I hope that tomorrow brings you joy!

14. Rich
    January 20 at 6:36 am #

Well, then. You’ve just gone and raised the bar for breakfast, haven’t you? Excuse me while I go in the corner and feel insignificant …

This looks unbelievably good.

January 20 at 8:25 am #

I know I mentioned it on your FB page but I love the colors (and of course the flavors) of this dish. So festive and vibrant–a feast for both the eyes and taste buds. :-)

Hope you have a great day, Priscilla. :-)

16. Kim
    January 20 at 8:41 pm #

Beautiful, beautiful brunch item! Whatever inspired this one?!?!?!

[K]

17. FOODESSA
    January 21 at 10:42 am #

This is my kind of leisurely Sunday type brunch…actually anytime would be a great time to enjoy this delicious preparation.
    I completely agree about the smoked salmon…buttery smooth for sure ;o)

Ciao for now,
    Claudia

18. louise
    January 22 at 3:45 pm #

hey there, nice to see you today- looking forward to seeing you again at blackmarket… i just cliked on my last comment and it did take me to my site? hmmm if you see a problem let me know, thanks for mentioning it.
    chef louise

January 23 at 12:15 pm #

I am glad you included a reference to mimosas. Which reminds me, thanks for sharing one with me live and in person this weekend. I had a great time. Next time salmon too, huh? GREG

20. Nancy/SpicieFoodie
    January 31 at 1:58 pm #

Now this is a brunch I could eat for brunch, breakfast and dinner! Such a delicious and beautiful dish. Thank you for participating in this months YBR :)

1. Three Breakfast Choices | She's Cookin' - January 21

[…] an elegant  breakfast  of  Salmon-Wrapped Poached Eggs while sipping on a mimosa suits your […]