Spring and Grilled Lamb Kebabs

Grilled Lamb Kebabs | ShesCookin.com

It doesn’t take a crystal ball or soothsayer to know that there are a lot of people out there who are ready for spring! I know I’m one of them and I reside in Southern California where we’re shivering in our britches in 55º temps and SNOW was reported in the Los Angeles basin. If you live anywhere else, it would probably be referred to as a light frost ;-)

Considering tomorrow is the first day of March, I thought of the saying in like a lion and out like a lamb” and wondered if it pertained to the chilly weather we’re experiencing. According to the omniscient Wikipedia, “inlike a lion and out like a lamb” is an English proverb that describes typical March weather and in the 19th century it was used as a prediction contingent on early March weather. If March comes in like a lion, it will go out like a lamb – but it was recognized to not work very well :-) Fortunately, the U.S. is at a lower latitude than our brethren across the pond, so we hope it holds true!

Not only does the gentle lamb represent Spring in weather phrases,  it’s also a harbinger of spring in the kitchen. The February issue of Bon Appétit featured braised Lamb Shanks with Swiss Chard to get us through the lion days of March, then lamb stews for St. Patrick’s day, and April issues will feature an abundance of grilled and roasted lamb recipes to celebrate Easter and Passover. My palate acts as a weather barometer and has been craving lamb, so while I’m looking for the perfect lamb stew recipe for St. Patty’s, these fabulous and easy grilled lamb kebabs will do just fine!

Enjoy :-) Shown here with a salsa of halved grape tomatoes mixed with sliced green onions and green chilies in olive oil mixed with orzo.

Grilled Lamb Kebabs | ShesCookin.com

Photo credit: Sipper Photography

32 Responses to “Spring and Grilled Lamb Kebabs”

1. rebecca
    February 28 at 4:40 pm #

wow love kebabs this looks wonderful i hear ya want spring to come but can’t complain its been nice here in NC last few days

Rebecca

2. Lisa { AuthenticSuburbanGourmet }
    February 28 at 6:47 pm #

I am SO ready for spring! I actually wore my flip flops yesterday, a bit cold but I am ready for spring and summer. Your lamb kebabs just scream spring and look SO incredibly tasty! Have a great week!

3. 5 Star Foodie
    February 28 at 7:18 pm #

These kebabs sound awesome! Love the three different colors of pepper here, gorgeous!

February 28 at 10:04 pm #

Those kebabs look excellent! And yes, SPRING…then SUMMER…:-)) Can’t wait to have them…

5. Belinda @zomppa
    March 1 at 5:46 am #

Beautiful and so ready for spring!! It was close 80 yesterday and now dropped 30 degrees…??? This totally brings the feeling of spring back.

6. louise
    March 1 at 8:18 am #

lovely photo, i just love lamb kebabs… soooo ready for spring, i hate this cold- i’m a big baby!
    missed you on saturday

7. Our Eyes Eat First
    March 1 at 8:49 am #

Great job! they look succulent!

8. whatsfordinneracrossstatelines
    March 1 at 10:31 am #

I’ll say stunning photos. I’m want spring too, I’m still cold to go turn my grill on. Hopefully in a week or two. I want some lam kebabs. Hope you have a great week.
    -Gina-

9. whatsfordinneracrossstatelines
    March 1 at 10:31 am #

lamb! LOL

10. fooddreamer
    March 1 at 11:32 am #

First, I love lamb so this recipe is right up my alley. Second, YES, I am dying for spring…dying, I tell you!

March 1 at 12:40 pm #

I love lamb and I’ve actually been craving it lately. Must be the yearning for my Spring-like weather. I can’t remember the last time I had lamb kebabs but now I want some, especially with all of those grilled veggies!

12. Kate @ Diethood.com
    March 1 at 4:05 pm #

I love the way you prepared this, Priscilla. Beautiful marinade. I’m with you – my taste buds also know that it’s time for lamb.

13. Sandra@Sandra's Easy cooking
    March 1 at 4:17 pm #

Send them over..I am ready for Spring!!! It looks so delicious and colorful!

14. Liz
    March 1 at 4:37 pm #

Beautiful kabobs, Priscilla! I’m SO ready for spring~

15. Lawyer Loves Lunch
    March 1 at 6:19 pm #

Last week, it threatened to snow… in San Francisco. Needless to say, I too am ready for spring. Bring on the lamb :) (and that orzo looks pretty darn good too) :)

March 2 at 10:29 am #

I had some lovely lamb kabobs the other night at a restaurant. Yours look fabulous as well. I agree, I’m so ready for spring to come, and lamb is definitely a good sign in the kitchen that spring is on the way :)

March 2 at 9:01 pm #

I have never made lamb at home before….well I guess “cooked” is a better word. After seeing your recipe, I can’t wait to try my hand at it! I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow. Thank you for sharing another bite of delicious goodness!

18. Firefly
    March 2 at 10:17 pm #

Yummy! It does look like spring ;)can’t wait!

19. Marianne @ Meal Mixer
    March 3 at 6:05 am #

I’m reading your blog and looking out my window at snow. Sigh. I’m going to use your recipe but roast the ingredients in a very hot oven, as my grill doesn’t cook very well in temperatures below freezing…. Come on Spring!

20. The Souper
    March 3 at 7:03 am #

Kebabs on the grill are one of my favorite meals. Usually have beef or chicken, but this lamb looks yummy. Great pics, great recipe.

The Souper

21. Pachecopatty
    March 3 at 7:15 am #

Congratulations on top 9 this morning, your photos are beautiful and the lamb kebabs look delicious;-) I see Spring all around but rain all week, yuck, ready for sunshine.

22. Priscilla
    March 3 at 8:43 am #

Thanks everyone! We’re all ready for spring and some colorful kebabs :-) Roasting definitely works if its too cold to grill!

March 3 at 10:06 am #

Beautiful recipe and congratulations on Top 9 :) I could definitely go for the just veggie version with some of that orzo :)

24. Tanantha @ I Just Love My Apron
    March 3 at 1:30 pm #

Congrats on the Top 9 Priscilla! I’m so ready for Spring! The kabob looks so delicious.

25. Sara
    March 3 at 4:13 pm #

Whether it’s spring or not I’m always ready for a kebab and lamb is a meat that I truly love. Great pictures! They are so bright and colorful!

26. The Duo Dishes
    March 3 at 9:00 pm #

The colors do you look great! It’s time for spring to really make itself known because we’re all ready for the grill and the kabobs that need to go on it.

27. Debi (Table Talk)
    March 4 at 6:10 am #

Definitely ready for spring! 70 degrees one day, 55 the next. Ready to fire up the grill and let the kebabs hit the fire!

28. blackbookkitchendiaries
    March 4 at 11:46 am #

i am just drooling over this dish! i love eating kebabs :) and this looks fantastic! thank you for sharing this.

29. We celebrate the first day of spring with friends every year and this will definitely be on the menu!

March 7 at 11:34 am #

Thanks for all your kind comments! If you make them, I know you won’t be disappointed :-)

30. Apron Appeal
    June 3 at 2:48 am #

I forgot about lamb…My turn to cook the family meal on Sunday and father-in-law req. kebabs. I wanted to try something different. This could fit that bill. Glad I followed the link From Sandra’s guest post over to your site.

31. Tara Noland
    June 14 at 3:13 pm #

Those look so good. I usually have rack of lamb or lamb chops, I am going to have to try it this way. Cheers, Tara