Thai Chicken Pineapple Curry

Thai Chicken Pineapple Curry

I don’t buy a lot of cookbooks, but occasionally someone like Thomas Keller will publish one that I feel is bound to become a timeless culinary classic which I absolutely must have, and that can be passed on to the Young Baker :-) I’m talking about the superlative Ad Hoc At Home – the one full of family-style recipes that Thomas Keller would cook at home. Within the pages of this hallowed book is the Ad Hoc Blue Cheese Dressing and Summer Vegetable Gratin that I shared last summer.

Now that I peruse dozens of food blogs (comes with the territory), among my favorites are those that focus on ethnic foods and cultures; especially cuisines that I love to savor but haven’t had much experience in cooking myself.  Spicie Foodie is one such blog that will have your mouth watering at the sight of her stunning photographs of mostly Indian, Thai and Mexican dishes. So when her cookbook An Epiphany of the Senses, was published, I felt like it was the perfect opportunity to support a foodie friend and face my nemesis :-)

There is a misconception that Thai food is all about HOT! And, believe me, I’ve had that Thai food! But its not all about the chile;  what’s unique about Thai food is the perfectly well balanced harmony of salty, sweet, sour, bitter/aromatic and heat/spicy in every meal. This lovely dish is a perfect balance of fruity, spicy and sweet, creamy curry.

Thai Chicken Pineapple Curry

23 Responses to “Thai Chicken Pineapple Curry”

1. Lisa { AuthenticSuburbanGourmet }
    March 19 at 6:12 pm #

OMG – Thai food is one of my favorites! This is a MUST make for sure. Love the pineapple and the combination of all of the ingredients. This sounds like a cookbook I think I need to own. :-)

2. Kimba's Kitchen
    March 19 at 11:31 pm #

I love the combination of flavours in this curry! I’m not surprised though, the Thais somehow make flavours work so well together and they somehow get it right! I mean, once upon a time who would’ve thought to put pineapple or even a FRUIT in curries?! :)

3. rebecca
    March 20 at 7:41 am #

lovely recipe I adore Thai food :-)

4. Lana
    March 20 at 1:35 pm #

I love the colors in the dish! My girls ask for Thai food on occasion, and I like the simplicity of the recipe (providing that you have all the ingredients, which I usually do, minus the chicken and pineapple:).
    Great, sunny dish for a gray SoCal day:)

5. Kate @ Diethood.com
    March 20 at 1:45 pm #

I love this recipe because it sounds delicious, and it looks like it would be quick and very adaptable.
    And I just love Thai food!! :)

6. Victor @ Random Cuisine
    March 20 at 2:28 pm #

Pineapple and curry is one of my favorite combo. I usually have the flavor in fried rice along with sauteed shrimps.

7. Pachecopatty
    March 20 at 4:15 pm #

I’ve been wanting to make this dish ever since I bought Nancy’s cook book. Your rendition looks over the top perfect and delicious. I just love all these ingredients and you’ve inspired me to make this;-)

March 20 at 4:16 pm #

This really looks and sounds like a perfect meal! Love the colors and the flavor! Nicely done!

9. Firefly
    March 20 at 6:04 pm #

Love how colorful it is, it looks very yummy!

March 20 at 7:47 pm #

I love Thai food and this is an excellent example of why I love it!! Such a great balance of flavors and colors… think this will be on the menu this week!!!

11. Tanantha
    March 20 at 10:19 pm #

You’re right on about Thai Food!! It’s not all spicy! They main flavors are sour, sweet, and salty like you mentioned. This pineapple curry is prefectly well balanced with flavors. Great job Nancy and you, Priscialla!

March 21 at 1:34 am #

Yummy! I love good curry dishes. This looks so flavourful and satisfying.

13. Vicki @ Wilde in the Kitchen
    March 21 at 8:47 am #

I love Thai food, thanks for this recipe! It seems simple and I can get most of the ingredients from my regular store! So many Thai recipes need a lot of unusual ingredients for the curry paste!

14. With spring coming on these fresh flavors and colors are on my mind. Great recipe and lovely photos!

15. 5 Star Foodie
    March 21 at 12:25 pm #

So nice and flavorful! I was going to make chicken quesadillas tonight but you’ve just changed my mind to make a curry instead!

16. kita
    March 21 at 2:14 pm #

I am not a fan of pineapple in the raw, but I love the juice and flavor. In things, I think pineapple is amazing – and we all know i have an unreasonable love of curry. This looks delicious.

March 21 at 8:57 pm #

I too love Ad Hoc at Home (and Thomas Keller, of course). Glad you were able to support Nancy and try a recipe from her cookbook as well. I love Thai food but haven’t really done much Thai cooking myself either. Love the pineapple :)

18. My Man's Belly
    March 22 at 12:24 pm #

I have gotten so addicted the the flavors of curry in recent months. Now I need to get myself some red curry paste. ;)

19. FOODESSA
    March 22 at 2:43 pm #

Most of my experiences with Thai food have been spicy to say the least…however, I’m happy to report that a few dishes were exceptional also.

Thanks for sharing this very appetising Asian recipe ;o)

Flavourful wishes,
    Claudia

March 23 at 8:04 am #

I really love curries and this one looks so creamy…beautiful dish and beautifully prepared :)

21. Kim
    March 23 at 10:22 pm #

Agree! I really enjoy Thai food because it has sooo many different dimensions. Done right, it’s a beautiful thing!

[K]

P.S. Recipe is bookmarked to try soon – because Mr. RGBistro is looking over my shoulder and wants me to make this for him.

22. Jason Phelps
    March 24 at 7:36 pm #

The flavors of Thai food are definitely hard to beat!

Jason

1. Feeling Nostalgic For Mexican Food, and A Winner - March 20

[...] She has posted one of my favorite recipes from my cookbook, (An Epiphany of The Senses), the Luscious Thai Chicken Pineapple Curry recipe. Please stop by She’s Cookin’ and say hello to [...]