Garlic Miso Chicken Wings

I’ve found another TopMom during my food blog travels! Our August Mom of the Month’s name is Nami and when I first encountered her site, I fell in love with her personable style and how she made traditional Japanese dishes quick and easy for home cooks with simple instructions and beautiful prep-to-finish photos. Nami moved to the U.S. from Yokahama, Japan as a student 15 years ago and lives in the San Francisco Bay area with her husband and their two young children. When she was young, Nami’s mom made sure that she learned the proper way to prepare the Japanese dishes she made for dinner each evening and Nami helped by washing and chopping ingredients. Thank you to Nami’s okaasan!

As a college student, Nami wasn’t very interested in cooking, but once she had kids she started preparing meals at home because she really wanted her children to eat healthy and nutritious food.  It’s very important to her that her family eats healthy because, as the saying goes,  “you are what you eat”.  Both of her kids love all types of food but especially Japanese food like sashimi, tonkatsu, gyoza, gyudon, and udon noodle soup. She loves seeing the joy on their faces as they enjoy the food she cooks and hopes that her recipes also bring a smile and happiness to the readers of her website Just One Cookbook who desire to learn to cook Japanese food at home.

17 Responses to “Garlic Miso Chicken Wings”

1. Nami | Just One Cookbook
    August 5 at 8:17 am #

Thank you Priscilla for choosing me for this month’s Top Mom and featuring my recipe! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. :-)

August 5 at 10:05 am #

You’re welcome, Nami! Thank you for being a Top Mom and sharing your delicious Japanese recipes with all of us :)

August 5 at 9:04 am #

I am so happy to see Nami as a Top Mom. Nami, this recipe looks amazing, very delicious, and I must say tempting! Priscilla you did great job as always!

August 5 at 10:06 am #

Thanks, Sandra! Now I’m headed over to your blog to see what you’ve been cooking up :)

3. The Harried Cook
    August 5 at 6:29 pm #

Nami is a great blogger, and a friend too, and I am glad to see this post! Love this recipe… and I love the introduction you wrote about Nami, Priscilla! :) Your site is beautiful! Thanks for sharing, Nami & Priscilla!

August 5 at 7:15 pm #

Thank you! Yes, Nami is wonderful – I love her recipes. Hope you have a great weekend :)

August 5 at 9:13 pm #

Those miso wings are fingerlicking good! I have some chicken drumsticks in the freezer need to be used and this seems the perfect one to use them up! Thanks, Nami, and Priscilla.
    Have a great weekend!
    Angie

5. Firefly
    August 6 at 12:21 am #

Yum Yum!!! I love Nami’s site and her recipes, always so yummy and delicious :) Great to see her features as a TopMom :)

6. Ellena
    August 6 at 3:49 am #

These wings sure look great!!! I love Nami’s recipes tooo!!!! Great that you have featured her :)

7. Sawsan@chef in disguise
    August 6 at 6:53 am #

I love Nami’s blog but what I LOVE even more is how nice and thoughtful she is
    Congrats on being top mum Nami :)
    WOnderful recipe as always

8. Pachecopatty
    August 6 at 7:56 pm #

Beautiful chicken wings, they really look very good! I like your Top Mom choice Priscilla and recipe Nami! Hope you’re both enjoying the weekend;-)

9. wok with ray
    August 6 at 11:13 pm #

Thank you for sharing and featuring Nami’s beautiful chicken wings. It’s very nice of you. Have a wonderful weekend!

~ ray ~

10. Lovely guest post Priscilla. These look gorgeous, Nami. Such deliciousness with so few ingredients. Definitely giving these a try.

August 7 at 4:59 pm #

Thank you, Hester! I love the simplicity of Nami’s recipe, too :-)

August 7 at 12:06 pm #

First of all, I love your new blog layout! Way more high tech than mine, haha! Great guest post from Nami! I’m always interested in new (and easy!) chicken wing recipe. Good go-to recipe.

August 7 at 4:58 pm #

Thanks, Victoria :) I had a tech guy over to help me backup and fix a few things with my comments, etc. and decided to change the whole darn thing since I had him there!

August 8 at 7:40 pm #

Hi Nami, so great to see you as this months Top Mom :) These wings look wonderful and just loaded with flavor :)
    And love the new look Priscilla, very sharp :)
    Hugs to you both…