A meal in minutes is what's required when you have family visiting for a big…
Most of us are looking for healthy recipes to add to our weekly meal rotation and you are going to love this one! It is a breeze to prepare for a quick weeknight meal AND the combination of meaty chicken thighs in a pan sauce with roasted grapes is as satisfying as it is delicious.
Grapes are in season now – red, green and black: Flame, Muscato, Thomcord, Muscatel, and huge round Globes. I first tried this recipe last year when Melissa’s Produce sent me black and red Muscato grapes and, guess what, besides a lovely Wilted Kale and Grape salad, I couldn’t think of a better way to use these sweet babies this year. It’s that good!
Credit goest to my beautiful friend, Chef Louise for the inspiration, but I did add my signature touches: red chile flakes for a little kick that replaces the salt and wine for another layer of flavor that also helps eliminate the need for salt. Plus, hubs and I like heartier boneless, skinless chicken thighs versus chicken breasts here. Either way, I think you’re going to come back to this recipe again and again
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1 Tablespoons of fresh rosemary – finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper*
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
- dash of red chile flakes
- 2 cups Melissa’s Produce Muscato Grapes
- 1 large clove of fresh garlic- minced
- 1 large shallots- thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary – finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator and allow the chicken to come to come to room temperature – about 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Season your chicken generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large oven proof skillet or cast iron skillet heat 1 ½ Tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Just when the oil is hot, but not smoking- add in chicken breasts skin side down.
- Turn the chicken when it becomes golden brown – about 3-4 minutes.
- Cook the chicken on the other side for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and add in grapes, garlic, shallots, rosemary, and vinegar, 1 additional Tablespoons of olive oil, wine, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cook the grapes and shallots over medium heat just until the shallots begin to soften – about 2 minutes.
- Place the chicken on top of the grapes and shallots and place into the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.
Besides enjoying grapes out of hand or paired with a luscious ripened cheese, they also add flair and a sweet component to a quinoa and kale salad. Try it!