This vegan dip was a snap to make – especially with the new mini food processor I picked up at Sur La Table. A quick stop at the Apple Store led me to meander across the way to Sur la Table – Crystal Court at South Coast Plaza is shopping heaven for techie, or techie challenged, food and cooking enthusiasts.
Perfect for summer picnics or fall tailgate parties, it’s vegan, gluten free, dairy free and deliciously healthy – sure to please all your friends and family with special diets.
- 12 ounces silken tofu*
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1 tablespoon maple mustard*
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar*
- 2 teaspoons mellow white miso
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Wrap tofu in paper towels and press gently to remove excess water. Place in food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and process to combine. Cover and refrigerate to thicken and allow flavors to blend. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
*If your kitchen isn't stocked with ingredients like brown rice vinegar - use regular rice vinegar. For maple mustard I used 2 tablespoons of natural honey mustard mixed with one tablespoon of maple syrup. Improvise - it's all good.
Serve with cut up veggies of your choice, pita chips, or toasted pita bread as shown.
** I highly recommend Clean Food if you’re interested in eating healthier, closer to the source, and venturing into vegetarian and vegan.